Monday 26 January 2009

Go Wild in the Country!

Had an very interesting day at a networking day for women running small rural arts and crafts businesses and organisations. Yes, I know, it all sounds 'terribly' worthy, but it was very interesting and well worth driving across half of Argyll and Stirlingshire for.

The venue was West Moss-side which is not only an organic farm but a fantastic venue for craft workshops meeting etc. Set in the most beautiful countryside, I had the most stunning drive down through Loch Lomondside and up into the Carse of Stirling. Obviously, I forgot to take my camera-typical!
Had a great session with Jane Lindsey of Snapdragon Garden who discussed and explored the wonders of marketing yourself through your blog and how relatively simple this was to do-she has a great blog which is well worth a look. Which, of course, sent me scurrying home, resolving to blog more often-fingers crossed.

So despite my misgivings last night, about a long drive and sorting out childcare, cost of fuel etc, etc, it was a great day and I made several interesting contacts for my other venture (Cowal Open Studios), had a very delicious lunch, met some friends from back on the Cowal and had someone who wants some of my stuff for her shop! And back in time to spend some quality time with the kids and blog! Result!!

Argyll, photography, words