Thursday 15 January 2009

Charity Shop Booty!

I always try and sneak a quick trip to the charity shops in the local 'Hub' - Dunoon, bless it's heart it's so not a hub! I've found some brilliant stuff in the past-vintage American floral sprigged cotton sheeting and pillowcases (such great quality cotton), which I used to trim and decorate all sorts of stuff, beautiful vintage plates which are perfect for serving cupcakes and dainty sarnie, interesting old suitcases, vintage pinnies, baby clothes and blankets perfect for dyeing and appliqueing.

So, had a quick trip to Oxfam and came up with some very good swag!

This plate is very similar in style to a vase I've had for years and which I love-I do like a good ceramic seashell or two!

Kitschy, slightly strange looking pinny-and I don't normally like pink, but I do like the pockets.

And lastly, a very sweet little old fashioned picnic hamper-I think it may once have housed a dolls tea service, so I may give it to Effie for her 'dinner service'-a rather hideous pink and purple plastic affair, with Barbie all over it, she loves it, I hate it, a sign of things to come perhaps?

So, finally, more up-to-date! Now just got to tackle the Overlocker-watch this space!!


0 comments:

Argyll, photography, words