Monday 26 January 2009

The Great Blanket Project Begins.....

After a lot of thought and contemplation over many cups of tea, I finally started to make in-roads into my stock of vintage woollen blankets. To my delight and surprise they have been easier to work with than I had envisaged and the finished product looks great!
A you can see from above, I've started on Hot Water Bottle covers, each one decorated with a cute vintage fabric pocket on the front into which one slips a matching Lavender Bag-mmmm, warm and soothing, always a good combination, especially in light of the rubbish summers we're having!
I kept the original label (see top of post!) and took some photos which I'll use for labeling them up-hopefully nice it a nice, interesting retro feel. Next on the agenda, baby sized, fabric trimmed blankets, totes and cushions!

0 comments:

Argyll, photography, words